The deputy of National Council of the DPR from "Free Donbass" fraction Sergey Rubin told about main objectives and stages of project implementation.
- Sergey Viktorovich, what is the main mission of this project?
- The project forecasts collection of evidences by pupils of schools on those events which were endured by inhabitants of the Republic during military operations of 2014-2016. The "Book of Memory" will become some kind of letter in the future, the proof of aggression and crimes from the Kiev regime, a reminder on what consequences the fascism ideology can lead to. And, it's the most important thing that it will become a source which will have in remembrance of the war on Donbass.
- How did work on the "Book of memory" begin?
- The project started in the city of Yasinovataya and thanks to support of the Ministry of Education and Science started to extend across all Donetsk People's Republic. Initially, in 2014, the project was thought as the register of war crimes. But at a stage of development it became clear that it should be wider than the declared concept. It is necessary to expand it as much as possible, to display everything that occurred to us, all our lives: how people were staying in cellars, saving themselves from bombardments, work of volunteers, today's all-republican actions and attitude of children towards military. It's important to display a real situation which developed on Donbass.
- The Minister of Education and Science noted that the project will unite students, teachers, parents …
- Certainly, the family participates in preparation of these accounts: children describe what they endured together with parents, tell about feats of their fathers who rose in defense of the Homeland. The "Book of memory" will cover both destinies of military, and civil feats, and meetings with rebels, and how we were met in Russia. On top of that this joint work will allow to rally a family and to express their own citizenship towards all these events.
- How many schools will take part in the project?
- Thanks to the Ministry of Education and Science which supported the project and got it up the on Republican level each school will compose its own “Book of memory”. Pupils along with their parents and teachers will collect accounts of those events which direct participants they were, in those cities and districts of the Republic where they live.
- At what stage is the project today?
- Very many data have been already collected. And I want to note one important detail: in these children's acounts there is no hatred to their peers who are in Ukraine, they aren't considered guilty of what is happening here. But there is one great desire to get the truth, to tell that they had to take refuge from firings in cellars, to live without water, electricity, to feel shortage of products …
Children in Ukraine don't understand that "habitual things can become a dream" as it is written in one of children's accounts … Thanks to the project everybody will be able to see the true situation.
- When will anybody be able to see "Books of memory"?
- The main stage of project implementation is planned for January-March. After evidences are collected in the Ministry of Education and Science of the DPR, solemn transfer of "Books of memory" on storage in the Donetsk Republican universal scientific library of N. K. Krupskaya will take place. It will be the whole library of history of all cities and districts of the Donetsk People's Republic which everyone will be able to get acquainted with. The most important thing is what is being done now by children can't be rewritten then, it is the final truth, the ultimate truth.
And there is a strong wish to share hereafter this experience by means of the Ministry of Education and Science of the DPR with the Luhansk People's Republic to rally our children, in order to make them feel that they are in the same conditions and they have the same future.